| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Gothenburg in January is slightly cold at -1 °C (30.2 °F).
- Afternoons can be very cool with average high temperatures reaching 1 °C (33.8 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -3 °C (26.6 °F).
- In January the mean diurnal temperature variation/ range is 4 °C (7.2 °F).
- The weather in January is slightly dry with snow once in a while. Only 51mm (2in) of H2O is transfered across on average 15 days.
- The skies in Gothenburg are really dreary with on average just 1:32 of dazzling sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 6:41 long and the longest day is 8:14 long with an average length of 7:21.
- There are approximately 5:29 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 22% of daylight hours and cloudy 78% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Gothenburg January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Gothenburg, Sweden
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Gothenburg: